Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed March 9, 2011
John Pizzarelli's box lunch serenade
The only difference between John Pizzarelli and a real ham is...
A real ham can be cured. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
After a tuneful 20 minute live studio session with Abe Beeson last week, the singer, guitarist and son of famed rhythm guitar master Bucky Pizzarelli joined us for a box lunch in the KPLU offices.
Of course he brought his guitar and serenaded us with music from the Great American Songbook and his own compositions -- including his hilarious Garden State anthem I Love Jersey Best.
Knowing that Nancy was the number one Pizzarelli fangirl I made sure to alert her to this appearance. What I hadn't realized was that she and he had been corresponding for some time about food and cooking.
After lunch she, John and I stepped into a studio and recorded this Food for Thought. We had so much fun that I've made it into a two-parter.
I hope that listening, you'll feel yourself in the room with us as we all have great time chatting about food and music -- but of course, mostly food.