Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Mon March 14, 2011
John Pizzarelli: Always ‘on’, always John
We've said it before and we'll say it again: Having guitarist/vocalist/storyteller, John Pizzarelli, as a guest in the KPLU studios is always great fun. He loves making music, he loves telling stories and he loves entertaining his fans.
When he visited us recently for this performance/interview with Abe Beeson, several members of the KPLU Leadership Circle attended the event, and John Pizzarelli played to this small group the same way he'd play to a full house at Lincoln Center.
No matter the size of the group, he always gives his audience 100% of his great talent and unpredictable humor. In fact, he gave more than 100% this time!
After the studio session came to an end, the Leadership Circle members convened in the next room for a luncheon. Instead of eating with them, or rushing off, John Pizzarelli brought his guitar into the room and serenaded them while they ate. Ya shoulda been there!
Food for Thought