Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 23, 2012
Jeff Johnson Quartet concert on Jazz Northwest, December 23
Earshot award winner and NW Jazz Hall of Fame bassist and composer Jeff Johnson leads his quartet in an Art of Jazz Concert from the Seattle Art Museum on Jazz Northwest on 88.5 KPLU and kplu.org. The concert, recorded earlier this month, features the same quartet heard on the new Origin CD "Suitcase": Jeff Johnson on bass, Hans Teuber, woodwinds, Steve Moore, piano and Eric Eagle, drums. The concert consists of original music by Johnson and one piece by Hans Teuber.
Johnson's music ranges from ethereal to funky, and encompasses a wide variety of inspirations which he describes between selections. He's a popular sideman and performs in many different groups, including Hal Galper, Jessica Williams and Dave Peck among others. This concert presents him as a leader, performing his own music with wit and a style of his own.
The Art of Jazz series is presented by Earshot Jazz, John Gilbreath Executive Director, on the second Thursday each month from 5:30 to 7:30 pm in the Brotman Forum at the Seattle Art Museum. Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast from kplu.org following the broadcast.