Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 1, 2012
A jazz variety on Jazz Northwest
A variety of Northwest jazz groups are featured on this edition of Jazz Northwest. Trio to big band, Jelly Roll Morton to brand new compositions, from musicians who live and work from Portland to Vancouver BC. July 1 is Canada Day and the last day of the Vancouver and Victoria Jazz Festivals. We'll hear a modern day interpretation of a Jelly Roll Morton tune recorded where he played in Vancouver BC. Former resident Diane Schuur is back at Jazz Alley this week, and Pearl Django's eleventh CD features several new compositions.
Jazz Northwest focuses on the current regional jazz scene, sampling the CDs and live performances available in the area. The program is heard every Sunday afternoon at 1 PM PDT on 88.5 KPLU and kplu.org. A podcast of the program is available following the airdate.