Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 1, 2012
A jazz variety on Jazz Northwest
A variety of Northwest jazz groups are featured on this edition of Jazz Northwest. Trio to big band, Jelly Roll Morton to brand new compositions, from musicians who live and work from Portland to Vancouver BC. July 1 is Canada Day and the last day of the Vancouver and Victoria Jazz Festivals. We'll hear a modern day interpretation of a Jelly Roll Morton tune recorded where he played in Vancouver BC. Former resident Diane Schuur is back at Jazz Alley this week, and Pearl Django's eleventh CD features several new compositions.
Jazz Northwest focuses on the current regional jazz scene, sampling the CDs and live performances available in the area. The program is heard every Sunday afternoon at 1 PM PDT on 88.5 KPLU and kplu.org. A podcast of the program is available following the airdate.