Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 14, 2013
Jazz Port Townsend Preview on Jazz Northwest
The longest-running Jazz Festival in the Pacific Northwest is Jazz Port Townsend on the last weekend of July each year. On Sunday, July 21 at 2 PM (PDT) on Jazz Northwest we’ll sample some of the world-class artists who’ll be at Jazz Port Townsend this year to teach workshops during the week and perform in concerts and intimate clubs on the weekend. Included in this preview are The Clayton Brothers, Steffon Harris (pictured), Anat Cohen, René Marie, Cyrille Aimée & Diego Figueiredo, and Anthony Wilson.
Jazz Northwest will be on hand again to record festival concerts for later broadcast. Next week (7/21) on the program, highlights from an evening with the Joe Locke/Thomas Marriott Quartet at Tula's will be featured.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and kplu.org and airs on Sunday at 2:00pm. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following each broadcast.
For more info: