Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun August 5, 2012
Jazz Port Townsend concert broadcast to feature "Dynamic Duos"
The first in a series of concert broadcasts from Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend features "Dynamic Duos" on KPLU's Jazz Northwest on Sunday, August 5 at 1 PM PDT. The three duos selected by Artistic Director John Clayton for this unique concert are trombonists Wycliffe Gordon and Jiggs Whigham, guitarists Graham Dechter and Bruce Forman and drummers (drummists?) Jeff Hamilton and Matt Wilson.
The rhythm section accompanying the first two duos includes Tamir Hendelman (piano), Chuck Deardorf (bass) and Rodney Green (drums). This is the first of six concert performances recorded for Jazz Northwest at the long-running Jazz Port Townsend Festival which began in 1977. The festival is presented by Centrum on the last weekend of July each year. Next week on Jazz Northwest, The Festival All-Star Big Band plays the music of Johnny Mandel, conducted by Johnny Mandel.