Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Sun August 5, 2012
Jazz Port Townsend concert broadcast to feature "Dynamic Duos"
The first in a series of concert broadcasts from Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend features "Dynamic Duos" on KPLU's Jazz Northwest on Sunday, August 5 at 1 PM PDT. The three duos selected by Artistic Director John Clayton for this unique concert are trombonists Wycliffe Gordon and Jiggs Whigham, guitarists Graham Dechter and Bruce Forman and drummers (drummists?) Jeff Hamilton and Matt Wilson.
The rhythm section accompanying the first two duos includes Tamir Hendelman (piano), Chuck Deardorf (bass) and Rodney Green (drums). This is the first of six concert performances recorded for Jazz Northwest at the long-running Jazz Port Townsend Festival which began in 1977. The festival is presented by Centrum on the last weekend of July each year. Next week on Jazz Northwest, The Festival All-Star Big Band plays the music of Johnny Mandel, conducted by Johnny Mandel.