Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Sun June 9, 2013
Jazz Northwest for June 9
Multi-instrumentalist Jay Thomas has two tunes with "Cantaloupe" in the title on his latest CD ("Cantaloupe Island" and "Cantaloupe Woman." His quartet has hence become known as "The Cantaloupes" and they've been playing many gigs around the area. We'll hear them this week on Jazz Northwest , plus a pair of Portland singers Mary Kadderly & Nancy King, Chris Amemiya and Jazz Coalescence, more - plus best bets for live jazz in the coming week including samples from an upcoming Brazilian Choro festival!
Jazz Northwest is produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88-5, KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.