Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 13, 2014
Jazz Northwest: July 13, 2014
This week, Jazz Northwest samples some of the rich variety of jazz coming up this month. Flugelhorn player Dmitri Matheny was a protege of the late Art Farmer and plays a horn that belonged to his mentor. Sarah Gazarek was featured with the Roosevelt High School Jazz Band not so many years ago and is back in town with a featured spot at Jazz Alley, Jim Cutler's Jazz Orchestra plays Sunday nights at Tula's and has a new CD.
The Cathedral Park Jazz Festival in Portland next weekend will feature Devin Phillips and others, and trumpeter Ingrid Jensen and saxophonist/sister Christine Jensen will play at Jazz Port Townsend at the end of this month. These and other jazz artists playing in the area are sampled on Jazz Northwest, Sunday afternoon at 2 on 8..5 KPLU.