Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Washington Becomes First State To Lose 'No Child Left Behind' Waiver
- Obama To Slide Victims, Responders: 'We'll Be Here As Long As It Takes'
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 15, 2013
A Jazz Northwest Christmas
Northwest jazz artists have produced a great selection of holiday music, and you can hear a full hour of it this Sunday at 2 PM Pacific on Jazz Northwest from 88.5, KPLU.
Leading off the program is the by-now classic 1989 album "Year 'Round Christmas" by the late Don Lanphere, the same band that played the very first Christmas Jam live from KPLU.
Following are seasonal selections by David Friesen from Portland, The Jim Knapp Orchestra, Greta Matassa & Clipper Anderson, (we) B3 Kings from Vancouver BC, Dawn Clement, Thomas Marriott, Darin Clendenin & Trish Hatley, and Primo Kim.
Light the fire (if there's no burn ban!), sip an eggnog, or trim the tree or mantle. It's a Jazz Northwest Christmas!
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke, who wishes you all a very happy holiday season.
Next week (December 22), The Overton Berry Trio will be heard in an Art of Jazz concert recorded at the Seattle Art Museum.