Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Sun April 28, 2013
Jazz Northwest for April 28
April is Jazz Appreciation Month, and April 30 is International Jazz Day. Originally organized and named by the Smithsonian Institution, JAM concludes with International Jazz Day on April 30 with jazz celebrations in many countries around the world.
The Jazz Journalists Association supports both and adds further encouragement by announcing 26 JJA Jazz Heros, cited for their exemplary work in keeping jazz alive and well in their communities. Special awards celebrations are taking place in these communities including Seattle, where trombonist and educator Julian Priester will receive his Jazz Hero award on April 30. (more on the link below)
On this week's Jazz Northwest we'll hear music by Julian Priester and some of the other Jazz Heros in the Pacific Northwest who go above and beyond in keeping the music alive and encouraging new audiences and young musicians.