Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Wed December 5, 2012
Jazz legend Dave Brubeck has died
Jazz icon Dave Brubeck has died this morning in a Connecticut hospital one day short of his 92nd birthday.
Long-time manager-producer-conductor Russell Gloyd told The Chicago Tribune that Brubeck died of heart failure en route to "a regular treatment with his cardiologist."
Brubeck attained pop-star status over the course of his long career with songs such as "Blue Rondo a la Turk" and "Take Five" (which easily secured the #1 spot on our Jazz 100 list).
Blue Rondo a la Turk
Dave Brubeck on fighting communism with jazz