Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Tue March 16, 2010
Jazz guitarist Martin Taylor performs in the KPLU studios
Jazz guitarist, Martin Taylor, is one of our favorite guests in the KPLU/Jazz24 studios. Not only is he widely acclaimed as perhaps the finest solo, acoustic jazz guitarist alive, he’s always great company. Whenever his touring schedule brings him to Seattle, we make sure he pays us a visit.
In this lively conversation with jazz host, Abe Beeson, Martin talks about his family heritage as a jazz musician, the universality of jazz, and his brand new passion--teaching guitar online. He also treats us to two fine solo guitar performances; his version of ‘Stompin’ At The Savoy’ and his own composition, ‘True.’