Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Fri December 3, 2010
It's landslide season
Forecasters have been warning of a wet and snowy La Niña winter in the Northwest. More than five inches of precipitation fell at SeaTac airport last month. Wet weather means an increased risk of landslides in the Puget Sound region. Are you prepared?
The City of Seattle is holding a landslide awareness meeting.
When: Saturday, December 4, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Where: Judge Warren & Nobie Chan Education Center at South Seattle Community College, 6000 16th Ave. SW (across from the north parking lot).
RSVP at (206) 684-8443.
You can learn more about landslides at these sites: