Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri December 3, 2010
It's landslide season
Forecasters have been warning of a wet and snowy La Niña winter in the Northwest. More than five inches of precipitation fell at SeaTac airport last month. Wet weather means an increased risk of landslides in the Puget Sound region. Are you prepared?
The City of Seattle is holding a landslide awareness meeting.
When: Saturday, December 4, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Where: Judge Warren & Nobie Chan Education Center at South Seattle Community College, 6000 16th Ave. SW (across from the north parking lot).
RSVP at (206) 684-8443.
You can learn more about landslides at these sites: