Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Fri December 3, 2010
It's landslide season
Forecasters have been warning of a wet and snowy La Niña winter in the Northwest. More than five inches of precipitation fell at SeaTac airport last month. Wet weather means an increased risk of landslides in the Puget Sound region. Are you prepared?
The City of Seattle is holding a landslide awareness meeting.
When: Saturday, December 4, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Where: Judge Warren & Nobie Chan Education Center at South Seattle Community College, 6000 16th Ave. SW (across from the north parking lot).
RSVP at (206) 684-8443.
You can learn more about landslides at these sites: