Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 29, 2012
It's a girl: Baby born on Seattle-bound ferry
KOMO reports that a woman went into labor Thursday afternoon about 10 minutes after the M/V Tacoma left the Bainbridge Island dock. A mid-wife, two EMTs and a physician's assistant traveling on board helped deliver the infant. Ferry spokeswoman Marta Coursey says baby Lucy was delivered safely.
Medics met the woman at Coleman Dock and took her and her child to Swedish Medical Center.