Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Mon June 27, 2011
Inslee starts campaign for governor, says he'll create jobs
Democratic Rep. Jay Inslee says he is running for governor to build a new job-creating economy in the state.
Inslee officially launched his campaign Monday morning at a biotech firm in downtown Seattle. He says he understands the array of jobs in the state because he's done everything from driving bulldozers, to practicing law to teaching community college classes.
The Democrat says he wants to harness innovation in Washington to create jobs. He's spent more than a decade in Congress, representing a district that covers the northern suburbs of Seattle.
Attorney General Rob McKenna has already declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination. Inslee plans to campaign in the Yakima Valley later Monday and additional campaign stops in Tacoma, Vancouver and Spokane on Tuesday.