Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 6, 2013
Inslee Names New Chief of Staff
Gov. Jay Inslee has a new chief of staff.
Inslee on Wednesday named senior adviser Joby Shimomura to the position, replacing Mary Alice Heuschel, who has served as chief of staff since January.
Heuschel will now lead state efforts, on an interim basis, to implement an updated program for officials to track data on government performance and efficiency.
Shimomura, 41, served as Inslee's chief of staff for six years when he was in Congress and managed several of his campaigns. She has served on the governor's executive team since he took office in January.