Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
You don't see that every day
Wed May 4, 2011
Inflatable dolls don't qualify for HOV lanes
An alert Washington State Patrol officer noticed something a little odd about the passenger in a car using the HOV lane in Federal Way Wednesday morning. "She" was an inflatable doll wearing a wig.
The trooper says the car quickly pulled out of the carpool lane as soon as it came into view. Looking at the car, it was obvious that the passenger was a doll.
The inflatable friend was buckled into the front passenger seat (wouldn't want to be ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt!), leaning to the right side and covered by a blanket to make it look like a sleepy commuter. Offering only an apology for his behavior, the driver was cited $124 dollars for violating the HOV lane.
I've been on road trips with people who were full of hot air, but....