Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
You don't see that every day
Inflatable dolls don't qualify for HOV lanes
An alert Washington State Patrol officer noticed something a little odd about the passenger in a car using the HOV lane in Federal Way Wednesday morning. "She" was an inflatable doll wearing a wig.
The trooper says the car quickly pulled out of the carpool lane as soon as it came into view. Looking at the car, it was obvious that the passenger was a doll.
The inflatable friend was buckled into the front passenger seat (wouldn't want to be ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt!), leaning to the right side and covered by a blanket to make it look like a sleepy commuter. Offering only an apology for his behavior, the driver was cited $124 dollars for violating the HOV lane.
I've been on road trips with people who were full of hot air, but....