Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
I-5 near Centralia reopened
CENTRALIA, Wash. — The Washington Department of Transportation had closed both directions of Interstate 5 for about 8 miles north of Centralia because of power lines on the roadway.
The roadway has been cleared.
DOT spokeswoman Kelly Stowe says crews are working Friday morning to clean up the problem between Centralia and Ground Mound.
Because the usual detour route on State Route 507 is also blocked by trees and power lines, drivers are being told to take local roads around the closure.
Stowe says snow and ice brought the power lines down. She isn't sure if any trees were involved.