Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
How's your trash can smell? Redmond company has solution
A new business is cleaning up trash cans in the Seattle area.
Steam and Clean of Redmond uses what look like garbage trucks. They pick up garbage cans at the curb and clean them with blasts of steam.
The company says it's environmentally friendly because it uses no chemicals and the water is recycled. The equipment also can be used to hose off driveways or outdoor play equipment.
The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce reports the business was started about a year ago by a woman who was pregnant with her fourth child and sensitive to smells. Emily Wiewiorka is from the United Kingdom, which has cleaning services for trash cans.
When she couldn't find one in the Seattle area she saw a business opportunity.