Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 9, 2011
How has the roiling bad economy hit your life?
We are working on a story about the REAL impact of the ongoing economic woes. We want to know, what one thing has been affected most in your life by the turbulent economy?
Come to our Facebook page to join the conversation and tell us your story. Here’s a few of the responses so far:
“Losing my home and trying to short sell it because of being unemployed for 2 years. Having to take a PT job in a completely new industry from what I was trained for. And making half the money I used to. But experiencing the wealth I have in friends, family and health. Learning to live on less while having an amazing life. ;)”
“ … we had to save to go on a weekend camping trip My wife has been out of work for over 2 years, theemotional wear and tear has been the hardest on me. I can not read or listen to things about the economy for very long. The greatest challenge for me is not letting this take over my sense of joie de vivre.”
“ … I work in the construction industry, which has been decimated here in the Northwest.”