Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed May 1, 2013
How does your garden grow?
These look like some nice beans. And there's a story behind them, too. In this week's Food for Thought, Nancy and I chatted about what we're putting into the ground this spring, and what we hope to get out of it—including something I never knew could be grown around here.
Nancy says she had great success last year growing her own lemongrass. She says the difference between fresh from the garden and the old, dried-up looking ones you get at the market is huge. I'm definitely going to put some in and find out for myself this summer.
Do you grow any "exotic" herbs around here? Which ones and for what use? Do tell, along with your other planting plans right down there in the comments.
"Ah me, love cannot be cured by herbs."