Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Fri September 14, 2012
How did the 'City of Destiny' lose out to Seattle?
(This is the second installment of a 2-part series about Tacoma’s designation as the City of Destiny.)
Why didn’t Tacoma become the premiere city on Puget Sound? How did the City of Destiny lose out to Seattle?
Back in 1873, it looked like Tacoma would be graced with fame and fortune when the city beat out Seattle to become the terminus for the Northern Pacific Railroad.
I Wonder Why ... ?