Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Fri September 14, 2012
How did the 'City of Destiny' lose out to Seattle?
(This is the second installment of a 2-part series about Tacoma’s designation as the City of Destiny.)
Why didn’t Tacoma become the premiere city on Puget Sound? How did the City of Destiny lose out to Seattle?
Back in 1873, it looked like Tacoma would be graced with fame and fortune when the city beat out Seattle to become the terminus for the Northern Pacific Railroad.
I Wonder Why ... ?