Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 31, 2013
How Deflating: Huge Rubber Duck Goes Flat In Taiwan
Originally published on Tue December 31, 2013 8:23 am
Earlier this year, it was Hong Kong's six-story tall rubber duck that went pffff.
Now, there's word from Taiwan that another of Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman's floating works of art has collapsed.
The BBC reports that "the giant inflatable" burst suddenly Tuesday "in front of scores of people gathered on a quayside" in Keelung Port.
Organizers are apologizing and promise to figure out what happened.
As we've previously reported, Hofman believes his ducks promote "peace and harmony."
Related news: He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame