Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Hottest days of the year expected in W. Washington
The National Weather Service says Thursday and Friday are likely to be the hottest days of the year in Western Washington.
Forecasters issued an excessive heat warning with highs in the 90s for the Puget Sound area including Seattle, Tacoma, Bremerton and Everett. A push of marine air should bring some relief on Saturday in Western Washington.
In Eastern Washington, the hot, dry weather will last into the weekend. Forecasters say high temperatures could break 100 in some areas before cooling slightly early next week. Forecasters say the hot, dry conditions mean rapid growth is possible at wildfires already burning and new ones that could break out.
Shots - Health Blog