Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Hottest days of the year expected in W. Washington
The National Weather Service says Thursday and Friday are likely to be the hottest days of the year in Western Washington.
Forecasters issued an excessive heat warning with highs in the 90s for the Puget Sound area including Seattle, Tacoma, Bremerton and Everett. A push of marine air should bring some relief on Saturday in Western Washington.
In Eastern Washington, the hot, dry weather will last into the weekend. Forecasters say high temperatures could break 100 in some areas before cooling slightly early next week. Forecasters say the hot, dry conditions mean rapid growth is possible at wildfires already burning and new ones that could break out.
Shots - Health Blog