Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Horizon Air rebranded as Alaska
Seattle-based Alaska Air Group is consolidating its two airlines under the same brand. Horizon Air's Bombardier Q400 turboprop planes are being repainted with the Alaska Airlines logo. Alaska and Horizon will continue to operate as separate airlines.
In addition to the "Alaska" logo and trademarked Eskimo on the tail, Horizon planes will also have a smaller "Horizon" logo on the fuselage.
Horizon Air says the brand change won't have any effect on the level of service it offers its passengers. The first planes sporting the new look should be taking to the skies in February.
The regional airline has also begun operating under a new business model called a capacity purchase agreement. Under the agreement, Horizon operates and maintains its own aircraft, while Alaska handles the scheduling, marketing and pricing of its flights.