Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Mon August 29, 2011
Hoquiam Loggers Playday T-shirt mocks bin Laden
HOQUIAM, Wash. — The Loggers Playday community festival in Hoquiam is raising eyebrows with a T-shirt mocking Osama bin Laden. It's a cartoon of bin Laden tied to a log with the caption "Osama Bin Loggin.'"
Organizers say they got the idea because the festival on Sept. 10 is so close to the tenth anniversary of 9-11and because of the killing in May of the terrorist mastermind. The T-shirts are being sold for $15 at local businesses and raise money for a scholarship.
The T-shirt maker, Christian Burgess of Jacknut Apparel, told The Daily World critics on the Loggers Playday Facebook page have called the T-shirt tacky and in very poor taste.
One area resident, Jeanne Ward, printed several T-shirts that say, "My Hoquiam is a Hate Free Zone."