Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Hooked on science by accident, Kimberly Choi puts it to work in the global community
By Lisa Stiffler, Humanosphere correspondent
Kimberly Choi wound up testing malaria vaccines on mice quite by accident.
“I thought I was going to study Spanish literature,” Choi recalled.
But in 2006, Choi was encouraged by a high school biology teacher to participate in Seattle BioMed’s outreach program, BioQuest, which gives students a chance to do hands-on research.