Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Hooked on science by accident, Kimberly Choi puts it to work in the global community
By Lisa Stiffler, Humanosphere correspondent
Kimberly Choi wound up testing malaria vaccines on mice quite by accident.
“I thought I was going to study Spanish literature,” Choi recalled.
But in 2006, Choi was encouraged by a high school biology teacher to participate in Seattle BioMed’s outreach program, BioQuest, which gives students a chance to do hands-on research.