Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 17, 2009
Homeless in the 'burbs
We tend to think of homelessness as an urban problem. But during the recent overnight count of the homeless in the Seattle area, there was a nearly 70 percent increase from last year in suburban south King County.
KPLU's Liam Moriarty spent that night prowling the greenbelts, highway overpasses and parking lots of Federal Way with two homeless men and their minister.