Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 17, 2009
Homeless in the 'burbs
We tend to think of homelessness as an urban problem. But during the recent overnight count of the homeless in the Seattle area, there was a nearly 70 percent increase from last year in suburban south King County.
KPLU's Liam Moriarty spent that night prowling the greenbelts, highway overpasses and parking lots of Federal Way with two homeless men and their minister.