Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Fri May 11, 2012
Highway to Mount St. Helens reopens Saturday
TOUTLE, Wash. — Visitors to Mount St. Helens will be able to drive close to the volcano this weekend.
The state Transportation Department is reopening the Spirit Lake Highway on Saturday. It was closed by snow in January.
The highway takes visitors to the Johnston Ridge Observatory where they can look into the crater. It reopens for the season on Sunday.