Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 18, 2014
Heavy Snow In Wash. Cascade Passes
A winter storm warning is in effect until Wednesday morning in the Washington Cascade passes.
The National Weather Service expects 1 to 2 feet of new snow.
Restrictions, delays and highway closures are possible on Snoqualmie, Stevens and White passes.
The state Transportation Department closed Interstate 90 at the summit of Snoqualmie Pass on Tuesday morning for avalanche control. The highway reopened but has been closed again in both directions between North Bend and Easton because of multiple spinouts and disabled vehicles.