Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu May 19, 2011
Heaven or Hell
“Stairway to Heaven” or “Highway to Hell”. Take your pick. Yep, this Saturday you may be going somewhere.
Turns out some radio preacher named Harold Camping has predicted it’s going to be the Judgment Day. End of the World and what-not. All kinds of people are going along with this, quitting their jobs and giving away or selling their possessions.
One enterprising group of atheists is offering post-rapture pet care, because despite what we’d like to think, there is no doggie heaven. On the bright side, there is no doggie hell.
Heaven is also apparently more popular than hell. A recent study found that while 74 percent of Americans believe in heaven, just 59 percent believe hell.
If you’re wondering what to wear on Saturday, you might want to visit one of several websites that will give you a little quiz, and then tell you which direction you’ll be headed. Personally we don’t put much stock in this whole apocalypse thing. But we will wait 'til Monday to pay some bills.