Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Mon July 8, 2013
Hearings on state ferry fare increase
The state Transportation Commission is holding five public hearings on proposed increases in ferry fares.
The first is Monday on board the San Juan Islands inter-island ferry. Others will be Wednesday in Coupeville, Thursday at Vashon Island, July 15 at Bainbridge Island and July 16 at Port Orchard.
The commission plans to make a final decision on fares at its July 30 meeting in Seattle.
The commission says increases of 2 to 3 percent this year and next are needed to meet the revenue targets set by the Legislature.