Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Mon July 8, 2013
Hearings on state ferry fare increase
The state Transportation Commission is holding five public hearings on proposed increases in ferry fares.
The first is Monday on board the San Juan Islands inter-island ferry. Others will be Wednesday in Coupeville, Thursday at Vashon Island, July 15 at Bainbridge Island and July 16 at Port Orchard.
The commission plans to make a final decision on fares at its July 30 meeting in Seattle.
The commission says increases of 2 to 3 percent this year and next are needed to meet the revenue targets set by the Legislature.