Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
NHL in Seattle
Thu March 14, 2013
Hansen shows off arena design for hockey use
Investor Chris Hansen says the proposed arena for Seattle's next NBA team will be an "even better building for hockey."
Hansen on Thursday released preliminary design renderings that show how his planned arena would accommodate an NHL team.
"Given the size of the playing surface and speed of the game, we also think the Sonic Rings will prove to be one of the most unique and valued viewing experiences in the game,"” Hansen said on his website sonicsarena.com.
Hansen on Thursday released similar sketches that laid out the interior design of the proposed arena, which includes flex balconies that slant inward for improved viewing.