Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 23, 2011
Groundbreaking today for Aviation High School in Seattle
Students are adding a high-tech touch to a groundbreaking ceremony Tuesday for a new Aviation High School at the Museum of Flight near Boeing Field at Seattle.
At least five alumni are flying planes to the site, and a student-built robot will help turn the first shovel of dirt. Students also will launch a model rocket.
Aviation High School is part of the Highline School District and has been in temporary locations since it opened in 2004. It attracts students interested in science, technology, engineering and math. The new school should open in 2013.
On the Web: