Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 23, 2011
Groundbreaking today for Aviation High School in Seattle
Students are adding a high-tech touch to a groundbreaking ceremony Tuesday for a new Aviation High School at the Museum of Flight near Boeing Field at Seattle.
At least five alumni are flying planes to the site, and a student-built robot will help turn the first shovel of dirt. Students also will launch a model rocket.
Aviation High School is part of the Highline School District and has been in temporary locations since it opened in 2004. It attracts students interested in science, technology, engineering and math. The new school should open in 2013.
On the Web: