Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 21, 2012
Gregoire appoints daughter to board
Gov. Chris Gregoire appointed her daughter, Courtney Gregoire, to the board of trustees for Seattle Community Colleges.
Gregoire made the appointment Oct. 29, although it was not announced by the college district until Tuesday.
Governor's spokesman Jason Kelly told The Seattle Times the 33-year-old Gregoire "has more than ample experience."
She is an attorney with Microsoft and has worked as a legislative director in the U.S. Senate and deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Gov. Gregoire also appointed real estate broker Carmen Gayton to the board.
The appointments require state Senate confirmation.