Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 21, 2012
Gregoire appoints daughter to board
Gov. Chris Gregoire appointed her daughter, Courtney Gregoire, to the board of trustees for Seattle Community Colleges.
Gregoire made the appointment Oct. 29, although it was not announced by the college district until Tuesday.
Governor's spokesman Jason Kelly told The Seattle Times the 33-year-old Gregoire "has more than ample experience."
She is an attorney with Microsoft and has worked as a legislative director in the U.S. Senate and deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Gov. Gregoire also appointed real estate broker Carmen Gayton to the board.
The appointments require state Senate confirmation.