Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 21, 2012
Gregoire appoints daughter to board
Gov. Chris Gregoire appointed her daughter, Courtney Gregoire, to the board of trustees for Seattle Community Colleges.
Gregoire made the appointment Oct. 29, although it was not announced by the college district until Tuesday.
Governor's spokesman Jason Kelly told The Seattle Times the 33-year-old Gregoire "has more than ample experience."
She is an attorney with Microsoft and has worked as a legislative director in the U.S. Senate and deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Gov. Gregoire also appointed real estate broker Carmen Gayton to the board.
The appointments require state Senate confirmation.