Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 7, 2013
The Great American Songbook V with Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra and guests on Jazz Northwest
Highlights from a concert by the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra featuring the Great American Songbook aired on Jazz Northwest on Sunday, July 7 at 2 PM PDT. The concert features Stephanie Porter and Primo Kim as guest vocalists with the SRJO, co-directed by Clarence Acox and Michael Brockman. This is the fifth program in a series featuring great popular songs by George Gershwin, Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, Cole Porter and others.
Stephanie Porter and Primo Kim are both popular singers who perform in a variety of situations but the opportunity to sing with a big band made up of top resident jazz musicians playing outstanding arrangements makes this a special occasion. The singers are heard as soloists with the SRJO and team up for a duet in the finale, "I Don't Know Enough About You."
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and airs each Sunday at 2 PM Pacific. The program is also available in a live stream and a podcast after the broadcast at kplu.org .
The next Jazz Northwest on location show will feature the Thomas Marriott/Joe Locke Quartet at Tula's, airing on July 21. Jazz Northwest also goes on location to Jazz Port Townsend at the end of July, our 25th year of recording concerts at the festival. These concerts will air beginning in August.