Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Giving really, really big at Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Challenge
How long would you guess it takes to raise more than $4 million dollars for charity? In King County, give it 17 hours. That’s how long it took The Seattle Foundation to raise more than 18,000 donations in its one-day GiveBIG Challenge.
In all, the fundraising group brought in more than $3.5 million in donations. The other $500,000 came from the charity’s partner organizations.
The newly raised funds will go to a number of local non-profit groups including:
- Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest
- 5th Avenue Theatre Association
- Tennis Outreach Programs