Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 24, 2011
Giving really, really big at Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Challenge
How long would you guess it takes to raise more than $4 million dollars for charity? In King County, give it 17 hours. That’s how long it took The Seattle Foundation to raise more than 18,000 donations in its one-day GiveBIG Challenge.
In all, the fundraising group brought in more than $3.5 million in donations. The other $500,000 came from the charity’s partner organizations.
The newly raised funds will go to a number of local non-profit groups including:
- Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest
- 5th Avenue Theatre Association
- Tennis Outreach Programs