Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 24, 2011
Giving really, really big at Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Challenge
How long would you guess it takes to raise more than $4 million dollars for charity? In King County, give it 17 hours. That’s how long it took The Seattle Foundation to raise more than 18,000 donations in its one-day GiveBIG Challenge.
In all, the fundraising group brought in more than $3.5 million in donations. The other $500,000 came from the charity’s partner organizations.
The newly raised funds will go to a number of local non-profit groups including:
- Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest
- 5th Avenue Theatre Association
- Tennis Outreach Programs