Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu October 18, 2012
Giving Pop Music "The Business"
Radio with moving pictures, a miracle! Heres the new video version of Record Bin Roulette!
Business and commerce may be the foundation of our culture, but there aren’t that many pop songs about it. And it shouldn’t be surprising that there are not many songs written from the boss’s point of view. But as you might expect, we found a boatload of songs written from the worker’s point of view. Here’s Roy Orbison’s “Working For the Man”:
But for a real education in business we turn to George Carlin, who doesn’t mince words as he summarizes how things actually work: