Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu October 18, 2012
Giving Pop Music "The Business"
Radio with moving pictures, a miracle! Heres the new video version of Record Bin Roulette!
Business and commerce may be the foundation of our culture, but there aren’t that many pop songs about it. And it shouldn’t be surprising that there are not many songs written from the boss’s point of view. But as you might expect, we found a boatload of songs written from the worker’s point of view. Here’s Roy Orbison’s “Working For the Man”:
But for a real education in business we turn to George Carlin, who doesn’t mince words as he summarizes how things actually work: