Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 30, 2012
Give a hipster a 'whac' at Bumbershoot this weekend (sort of)
In a game reminiscent of Whac-A-Mole, a press release making the rounds in the Seattle blogosphere says Toyota will offer you a chance to “Whac-A-Hipster” this weekend at Bumbershoot.
The Stranger’s blog Slog has the entire press release, here’s the top of it:
“Seattle – August 29, 2012 – Ever felt the urge to ‘Whac-A-Hipster’? This weekend at Bumbershoot the Toyota Prius Family Playground will offer folks a chance to live out their hipster-whacking fantasies. Whether hoping to escape the heat, looking for an off-the-wall challenge, or searching for a place to re-charge your phones, there’s a little something for everyone at the Prius Family Playground.”
Amy Rolph at the Seattlepi.com’s Big Blog adds:
“Just don’t get the little plastic hipsters mixed up with the real hipsters. This is, after all, the hipster capitol of the world, according to Travel + Leisure.”
Bumbershoot runs from Saturday through Labor Day at the Seattle Center.