Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sat April 14, 2012
Get 8 tickets to ride when you renew your car tabs in King County
The Metropolitan King County Council approved a two-year incentive program providing eight free bus tickets to drivers renewing car tabs.
Councilmember Larry Phillips, chair of the Transportation, Environment and Economy Committee explained the benefits of taking public transportation over driving a car.
“With the rising cost of gasoline, the use of these Metro Transit vouchers can offer riders significant savings over the cost of fuel for driving their own cars,” Councilmember Kathy Lambert said in a press release.
Starting in June 2012 the public transportation incentive program will start issuing Metro bus vouchers to individuals renewing their vehicle license tabs.