Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sat April 14, 2012
Get 8 tickets to ride when you renew your car tabs in King County
The Metropolitan King County Council approved a two-year incentive program providing eight free bus tickets to drivers renewing car tabs.
Councilmember Larry Phillips, chair of the Transportation, Environment and Economy Committee explained the benefits of taking public transportation over driving a car.
“With the rising cost of gasoline, the use of these Metro Transit vouchers can offer riders significant savings over the cost of fuel for driving their own cars,” Councilmember Kathy Lambert said in a press release.
Starting in June 2012 the public transportation incentive program will start issuing Metro bus vouchers to individuals renewing their vehicle license tabs.