Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 2, 2012
George Colligan Organ Trio on Jazz Northwest, KPLU
New York jazz pianist and organist George Colligan is presently on the faculty at Portland State University in Portland. He's recorded over 20 CDs on his own and appeared as sideman on many more in addition to concerts with many of today's top jazz headliners. He brought Portland guitarist Dan Balmer with him for an Earshot Festival engagement at Tula's this Fall, and Seattle drummer John Bishop rounded out this new variation on the classic organ trio. The trio played several of George Colligan's original compositions in each set.
The George Colligan Organ Trio was recorded for Jazz Northwest and aired on 88.5 KPLU on Sunday, December 2nd at 2 PM Pacific Time. A podcast is also available after the broadcast and can be found at www.kplu.org/rss or on iTunes. Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke, exclusively for KPLU.