Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 2, 2012
George Colligan Organ Trio on Jazz Northwest, KPLU
New York jazz pianist and organist George Colligan is presently on the faculty at Portland State University in Portland. He's recorded over 20 CDs on his own and appeared as sideman on many more in addition to concerts with many of today's top jazz headliners. He brought Portland guitarist Dan Balmer with him for an Earshot Festival engagement at Tula's this Fall, and Seattle drummer John Bishop rounded out this new variation on the classic organ trio. The trio played several of George Colligan's original compositions in each set.
The George Colligan Organ Trio was recorded for Jazz Northwest and aired on 88.5 KPLU on Sunday, December 2nd at 2 PM Pacific Time. A podcast is also available after the broadcast and can be found at www.kplu.org/rss or on iTunes. Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke, exclusively for KPLU.