Most Active Stories
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
- Organic Milk More Nutritious than Regular Milk, WSU Study Finds
News & Music Contributors
Thu February 24, 2011
Gates Foundation spotlights Rotary Club's polio campaign
For the record, Bill Gates couldn’t have become the world’s leading advocate for polio eradication if not for people like Ezra Teshome. People who wear sprockets on their heads.
I hung out on Wednesday night with a small gang of Seattle Rotarians, including Ezra and Bill Gates Sr., who had braved the winter storm warning (of, yeah, that dusting of snow) to celebrate Rotary’s 106th anniversary and its decades of commitment to seeing polio wiped off the face of the planet.