Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 6, 2011
Gates Foundation HQ in Seattle the greenest
SEATTLE — The Gates Foundation says its headquarters campus in Seattle has been certified at the highest level of green buildings.
It says it's the largest nonprofit building in the world to achieve the Platinum certification for new construction in the Leadership in Energy and Environment Design program.
Green features include a solar energy system on the roof that provides more than a third of the hot water used and a 750,000 gallon water storage tank used in the cooling system.