Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 6, 2011
Gates Foundation HQ in Seattle the greenest
SEATTLE — The Gates Foundation says its headquarters campus in Seattle has been certified at the highest level of green buildings.
It says it's the largest nonprofit building in the world to achieve the Platinum certification for new construction in the Leadership in Energy and Environment Design program.
Green features include a solar energy system on the roof that provides more than a third of the hot water used and a 750,000 gallon water storage tank used in the cooling system.