Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri March 9, 2012
The Friday beer: Migration Brewing’s MPA
On a recent trip to Portland I was hoping to stop by a brewery I hadn’t been to before. That’s not a hard thing to do in Portland. According to the Oregon Brewers Guild “there are 47 breweries operating in Portland, more than any other city in the world.”
“The Portland metro area is the largest craft brewing market in the U.S. with the most number of breweries at 61,” the Guild continued.
Suffice it to say it’s not hard to find new beers or places to drink in The City of Roses.
Migration Brewing Company was my lucky find on this trip. After working through a sampler of their fine beers I decided on a pint of their MPA. It’s almost a cross between an English IPA and a Pacific Northwest pale ale – as noted in a video on Migration’s website – and it really hit the spot.
I encourage you try a beer you’ve never had this weekend and would love to have you report back on what you find. Happy Friday!
“NW Craft Brews” is a new weekly Web feature published Fridays here at KPLU.org. Let us know what your favorite beer is right now, either here or on our Facebook page. Cheers!
NW Craft Brews