Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri February 24, 2012
The Friday beer: Green Flash Brewing’s West Coast IPA
From Portland, Ore., to Portland, Maine, from San Franciso to Boston, from Denver to New York, from Savannah to Anchorage … the United States has many great craft beer scenes.
In recent years San Diego, Calif., has grown to be a fantastic beer city. The “West Coast IPA” is a style of beer that is heavy on the hops, low on the malts and not sweet like you find in other IPAs.
In fact, you can find this style of beer being brewed in various parts of the country. Some call the West Coast IPA style an unbalanced beer because they are hop-centric in their flavor profile.
The Green Flash West Coast IPA is properly named and comes at you with a hop forward aroma filled with grapefruit and pine. It’s a really great representation of the west coast IPA style and if this is what an unbalanced beer tastes like I’m all for leaning in its direction.
How’s the craft beer scene in your area? What’s being brewed at your local breweries?
West Coast IPA
- Brewery: Green Flash Brewing Co. ( http://www.greenflashbrew.com/ )
- Consumed at: Über Tavern( http://uberbier.com/)
- ABV: 7.3%
- Description: India Pale Ale
“NW Craft Brews” is a new weekly Web feature published Fridays here at KPLU.org. Let us know what your favorite beer is right now, either here or on our Facebook page. Cheers!