Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri December 2, 2011
The Friday beer: Alaskan Brewing's Winter Ale
If anyone knows how to brew a winter beer it should be a brewery in Alaska. The Alaskan Winter Ale is a fine example of this seasonal style of beer – maltier, a higher ABV, something to help battle the cold days and long nights.
This beer's malty character is not too sweet and is complemented by a hint of fruit and spruce making it a perfect ale to settle down next to a cozy fire, which is exactly how I enjoyed this ale, next to a fire on a cool Seattle evening.
- Brewery: Alaskan Brewing Company
- Consumed at: La Luna Seattle
- Alcohol by volume: 6.4%
- Description: Seasonal winter warmer
Do you find yourself drinking different styles of beer during different seasons? What brews are you reaching for as we transition from fall into winter?