Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Thu April 28, 2011
Free healthcare clinic at Tacoma Dome Saturday
More than 1,000 uninsured people are expected to receive medical care in Tacoma on Saturday.
It's the first large-scale free-clinic event in Washington state, which has about 850,000 uninsured residents. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Tacoma Dome. It's sponsored by the National Association of Free Clinics and the Washington Free Clinic Association.
Because walk-in slots are limited, people are strongly encouraged to call ahead for appointments. To reserve a spot, call 1-877-233-5159 between the hours of 5 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Volunteers for all positions are still needed, especially doctors and nurse practitioners.