Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 3, 2012
Four Northwest Football Programs Secure Bowl Invites
Originally published on Mon December 3, 2012 7:03 am
‘Tis the season for college football fanatics to consult their travel agents. That’s because four Northwest teams received bowl game invites Sunday night.
The Oregon Ducks (11-1) are headed to the Fiesta Bowl outside Phoenix. They’ll play the Kansas State Wildcats (11-1) on January 3rd in a showdown of football teams that were until recently both in contention for the national championship.
First up though of regional interest, a December 22nd pairing of Boise State (10-2) vs. the Univ. of Washington (7-5). They meet in the Las Vegas Bowl. It's a third invite in a row there for the Broncos and a Las Vegas debut for the Huskies.
"Two good programs, two great coaching staffs/universities, great fan bases, loyal alumni," says Las Vegas Bowl's executive director Dan Hanneke. "So we just think we hit a home run having this match up."
Last but not least, there are the Oregon State Beavers (9-3). They’ve accepted an invite to play the Texas Longhorns (8-4) in the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29th. The Beavers have never before played in that bowl game in San Antonio.
On the Web: